Thursday, January 27, 2011

So Over the Moon Excited!!

We're having a baby!!!!!!!

My husband and I are so excited!! We just can't wait to meet our sweet baby! As most of you know, this will be our first baby so we're a little nervous too. :) I'm due August 7th. Right now I'm 12 (almost 13) weeks along. I've been so blessed with no sickness and my exhaustion has faded some. We find out boy or girl in March! I tend to call it a "he" right now though.

Here's some ultrasound shots at 11 weeks. I was so excited with out clear these came out.


Look at that cute little pot belly!


And that sweet little hand!!! Oh I can't wait!


What does this mean for the business:
I will probably not book any sessions in advance for June/July. It all depends on how my pregnancy is going at the time.
I will take 2 months off from photography once our sweet baby is born so I should be back to taking a limited amount of sessions in October but we'll just have to see how things go.

And since we're talking about the business there will be a few changes for 2011 which will take place starting in March:
Limited Availability - I said this last year too but I really mean it this year! lol In order for me to provide each client the best possible photo experience and spend quality time with my family I can only accept a limited amount of sessions each month. This will probably be 3-4 per month while leaving room for newborns but this may change as needed.
Product Samples - I'm in the process of ordering samples of everything - storyboards, books, canvases, image boxes, and more.
Frames! What I would like to see is my clients walking away with a finished product. I want your prints ready to hang for you... and not sit in a closet for years waiting to be framed. I'm excited about some very unique whimsical frames I will be offering. And of course I will offer classic frames too.
Collections - I will now be offering gift print collections, wall collections, and digital collections.
New logo, new blog - In the works!
Session Premiere - What is this? Kinda like a movie premiere for your photos but without the red carpet, famous people, fancy dresses, and huge audience. Ok so it's not quite the same! haha! The session premiere would be a private viewing of your images where you would look through your images, view product samples, and place your order with special pricing. I don't feel like the online gallery is the best way to see your photos for the first time. And I think it's important to be able to touch and feel the products before buying them. I'm still not sure where this would take place - maybe my home or maybe yours. Online galleries will still be available. The details for this is still in the works. I'd love to hear your thoughts!


Booking for Spring 2011 - I will begin scheduling sessions for the Spring soon. I want all of my changes in place before I do that though so you as a client know exactly what to expect. I will announce when I will start accepting Spring sessions. Please book your sessions ahead of time to ensure that you get a session since my availability after May is unknown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment